Just take a look around at any coffee shop in the world and you will see that there are a large number of devices on the market today. Desktops, laptops, tablets, phablets, phones, wearables… Users typically own more than one device and use them all in different ways at different times. For example, a customer might learn about a product from an email opened on his phone, research it more thoroughly from his laptop after work, and then complete a purchase via his tablet after discussing it with his spouse later that evening.
Back when mobile technology first arrived, companies spent thousands of dollars building separate-but-equal solutions for their mobile users. As you can imagine (or in our case, recall), this was complicated, redundant, and expensive to not only create but maintain.
Fortunately, today we have responsive design to simplify things.
Responsive Design is a term that generally refers to creating a website that adjusts itself to fit the screen it is viewed on. This allows a company to create a single website or web solution that meets the needs of all users, regardless of the device they are using to access it.
True mobile-friendly web development isn’t just about making a site fit any screen, but actually optimizing the responsive layouts to fit the needs of each user. For example, tablets are extremely popular for online shopping, while cell phones are particularly popular when it comes to local search and discovery. A well-optimized mobile-friendly strategy would be to make Shop links prominent on tablet layouts and Call or Directions links more prominent for mobile users.
- Fluid, Adaptive, or truly Responsive
- Design & development
- For websites and web solutions
- Responsive design for new or existing solutions
- Front-end programming and responsive UI/UX design
- Go beyond the basics with strategic mobile responsive design that accounts for how users typically use their various devices
- Better search rankings, especially post-Mobilegeddon
- Meet your users’ needs anywhere, anytime
- Communicate your brand’s message loud and clear on any device