Senior Web Developer.
Blayzer is a growing web development company in need of a Senior Web Developer who can build solid open source projects. We build ecommerce, content management, and custom solutions for web and mobile.
Roles & Responsibilities
Blayzer is a work environment that will utilize and reinforce technical skills and abilities in open source solutions. In this position you will build custom solutions that will allow you to be able to apply and gain cutting edge skills and experience in a rapidly changing industry.
You should possess key technical skills which includes CMS customization, native PHP development, and web services integration and development (using PHP and jQuery). Previous experience with MVC frameworks and web services is important in this role. Also, as the Sr CMS Developer, you should have a familiarity with Internet marketing concepts, such as search engine optimization and paid search marketing.
- You should have knowledge of full stack web development
- You should also be deeply familiar with the WordPress platform, and have experience developing custom themes and plugins
- Collaborate with the product owner to articulate the best technological business solution
- Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure the technical feasibility and point out potential issues
- Work with a team of developers to deliver on time and scope.
- Architect and develop broadly compatible products, features, and bug fixes with consideration for accessibility, performance, and multilingual installations
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind (documentation and unit tests).
- Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
- Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns while following standards
- Develop WordPress widgets, Plug-ins, Custom post types, and page templates.
- Work with the team to diagnose and resolve bugs and support requests.
- Implementation of restful services for product selector
- Mentor junior developers
- Extensive understanding of core Internet delivery technology; thorough experience in the analysis and design of software systems; ability to make decisions and drive platform architecture and solutions.
- Expert knowledge of XML, JSON, and AJAX.
- Strong technical knowledge of host configurations and a variety of hosting solutions.
- Web application project planning and leadership experience.
- RESTful API design
- Linux Command Line (CentOS)
- Code review
- Providing solutions, both written and flow charts
- Writing and speaking clearly and professionally to teammates and clients
- Sprint and feature planning
- Scoping new work
- Experience working with CMS, Ecommerce, and Framework platforms, and backend frameworks (WordPress, Laravel, Opencart, Magento, Drupal etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to translate visual designs in to completed HTML pages while strictly adhering to design specifications.
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Mobile app development and work with Angular/Ionic a plus
- Knowledge of media queries and responsive CSS – either hand coding or suing responsive CSS frameworks (Twitter Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation, etc.).
- Ability to ensure cross browser compatibility and resolve bugs.
- Ability to establish and implement front-end structure and standards as well as stay current with emerging front-end technologies.
- Exceptional graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Candidate should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, proven analytical and interpersonal skills, and have proficiency in using Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent oral and written Communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a flexible work style.
- Experience working with Creative/Design/Marketing firms or departments a plus.
We try to create an environment that will support productivity. Here are some things we do to help.
- Open work area to promote collaboration
- Weekly review of department
- Weekly happy hours
- Convenient downtown St. Louis location
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work from home policy