Promotional Merchandise Catalog/Quote Website
Blayzer Services: Strategy, Design, Development, Email Marketing, Online Marketing
St. Louis based, yet nationally known, Success Promotions is a minority owned business that provides unique and custom promotional merchandise to brands and athletic organizations. Marketers and purchasing departments can learn about products and submit quote requests via the company’s website, www.successpromotions.com.
Prior to working with Blayzer starting in 2015, Success Promotions’ website had grown into a mish-mash of brands and domains. This is a common challenge with product sites, as new partnerships are formed, new industries are served, and new brands are created. Over time, a website grows and there isn’t always time to gracefully integrate each new piece, especially when web development just isn’t your focus. That’s precisely why companies like Success Promotions come to Blayzer: for help making the web work for their business, so they can continue wowing their customers.
Upon finishing our initial audit of Success Promotions’ marketing strategy and web solutions, we identified three key issues to tackle:
- Design wasn’t mobile-friendly
- Branding was complicated and confusing
- Website didn’t support linking directly to a specific product page — a MUST for product marketing
What’s more, we were able to determine that these missing pieces were hindering the sales process and preventing Success Promotions from reaching its full potential as a business.
Because of the size of the project and the company’s needs, Blayzer started our work for Success Promotions with a thorough audit and the creation of a new Marketing Strategy and corresponding documentation. By redefining the business and its target customers we were able to outline an integrated marketing plan that encompassed new logo design and branding, search engine marketing, social media advertising, email marketing, and website development programs. We worked closely with the client throughout this process to ensure our vision was in line with theirs.
With an approved strategy in place, our teams got to work on updated logo designs for both Success Promotions and its headwear brand, Melonwear. Website layout and graphics came soon after, followed by an email newsletter template. Design was followed by website development in Open Cart, an open-source ecommerce software package that makes it easy to manage large catalogs of products. The new website included a custom Click to Quote feature rather than a typical ecommerce checkout process. Users can specify their product preferences and quantities and submit the information to a Success Promotions sales representative who puts together pricing information and follows up to make the sale. Traffic is driven to the site through a mixture of organic SEO, paid search marketing, social media advertising, and email marketing campaigns.
Blayzer provided the following integrated solutions and results for Success Promotions:
- Online strategy audit & needs analysis
- New Marketing Strategy & documentation
- Success Promotions & Melonwear logo designs
- Mobile responsive website redesign with new home, interior, category & product pages
- Various banner, call-to-action, button, and icon graphics throughout the site
- Complete online marketing strategy covering SEO, SEM, paid search, social media advertising, keyword research, full-funnel email marketing, and website conversion optimization
- Website content page optimization to increase organic website traffic
- Google AdWords paid search marketing campaign
- Facebook & LinkedIn social media advertising campaigns
- Prospecting email campaign to introduce Success Promotions to new decision makers and generate marketing qualified leads to be nurtured through a weekly newsletter
- Weekly product-focused email newsletter to generate sales qualified leads for follow up by the Success Promotions sales team
- New marketing-friendly Open Cart ecommerce solution allows easy product catalog/database management and inbound linking
- Custom Data Migration – thousands of SKUs across dozens of categories
- Custom Quote Feature – conversion-friendly pop-up modal where users can upload logos, choose colors and sizes, etc. Ecommerce checkout capability can be enabled at any time should Success Promotions change its business model to include online shopping
- Mobile responsive website for easy browsing on any device (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone)