PPC? SEM? What are those do you ask? PPC stands for pay-per-click and SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing. Both of them are used interchangeably. PPC is an advertising solution that allows businesses and website owners to bid on the chance to show an advertisement next to searches on Google. PPC is used in many ways and were here to help you with PPC in Adwords and PPC in Social Media.
- With PPC, you only have to pay when someone clicks on your ad to visit your site
- If a user clicks your ad, that means they are interested in what you’re offering since they just typed that in a Google Search
- Ads give you the opportunity to be noticed by a wider audience
Start off with our 3 easy steps in our Full Service PPC management portfolio.
Google AdWords Pay Per Click
- Gives you the option of promoting your business on Google
- If the words people type into Google match your keywords, your ad can appear above the search results.
- Get you to the top (in most cases) of a Google Search for more visibility
- With millions of searches per day on Google, you can make sure your customers notice your brand, consider your offerings, and take action.
- The GDN is made up of thousands of sites, where you can connect with even more potential customers
- With specialized options for targeting, keywords, demographics, and more, you can reach more customers by encouraging them to notice your brand, consider your offerings, and take action
- These are image ads on websites that you choose
PPC in Social Media
Why social media advertising? Using PPC through social media can be very beneficial. Social PPC is a form of digital paid advertising through the placement of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, etc. But, it is not search based so users may not be actively looking for their product/services. (this is only based on demographics and users interests that match your targeting audience).
- Very customizable
- Such as targeting certain groups by demographics, the users interests, specific topics, or any other data.
- Ads are then shown to these users on their feed or timeline.
- According to Statista.com, 81% of the U.S. population has a social media profile as of 2017 with continual growth
All of these terms may seem overwhelming but Google was not perfected in just a day! By understanding the difference between PPC and SEM and choosing the best method for your business is just the start to success. You can use these in many different ways including the marketing approach such as through social media, one of the fastest growing methods, which can be beneficial in more ways than one!