Understanding the Web and Adapting it to your Business
Blayzer creates feature-rich ecommerce stores, content-managed websites, and custom digital applications that win hearts, minds, and high conversion rates. We are experts at understanding the modern web and adapting it to your business.
Blayzer’s core web and marketing capabilities are:
- Content Management Software
- Catalog Solutions
- Ecommerce Application Development
- Web & Mobile Solution Strategies
- Responsive Design
- UI/UX Design
- Branding & Brand Development
- Competitive Research
- Web Application Development
- Information Architecture
- Digital Marketing Programs
- Mobile Web & Application Development
Custom Web Development
Every project, like every client, is entirely unique. If a feature or functionality isn’t available out-of-the-box (in the core software package) or off-the-shelf (through a plugin or extension), we create it. With our open source development skills we are able to create custom solutions that fit your unique content, complex business rules, and back-end software needs (accounting, CRM, ERP, etc.) like a superhero suit. If you can dream it, we can build it with open source development.
Open Source Web Development
It no longer costs millions to build the features found in the best, most visited sites on the web. Advanced functionality is within reach for small and medium-sized businesses, too with open source solutions. Open source websites solutions can be feature-rich while enjoying stability and flexibility unmatched by proprietary providers.
Our web and mobile developers are true software artisans. We design and build solutions using the best suited tools and technologies for the problem you are trying to solve. Here is a rundown of some of the development technologies we have mastered.
Browsers are software applications used to access the internet. They are the interpreters of the web, requesting information from web servers and translating back to us in a people-friendly format. Everyone has a favorite browser – which one is yours? More importantly, which ones do your users prefer? Blayzer solutions are built to work in all four of the world’s top web browsers.
- Google Chrome is the popular browser brought to you by Google.
- Safari is Apple’s web browser.
- Firefox is the open-source browser supported by the Mozilla Foundation.
- Microsoft Edge is Microsoft’s web browser (and no one else’s).
Scripting, Programming & Markup Languages
Just like there are many languages used throughout our terrestrial world, there are many different languages that power our digital realm. Scripting and programming languages are what allow humans to communicate with computers and tell them what to do. Markup languages control how information is presented back to us as users. These are some of the languages our developers are fluent in:
- HTML is a markup language. It provides structure of a website so that web browsers know what to show.
- CSS is a Cascading Style Sheet. CSS lets web designers change colors, fonts, animations, and transitions on the web.
- LESS is a CSS pre-compiler to make working with CSS easier and add functionality.
- SASS is a CSS pre-compiler to make working with CSS easier and add functionality.
- Grunt is a task runner to automate repetitive tasks.
- Gulp is an alternative to Grunt.
- JQuery has libraries to enable a large amount of functionality without having to write it all by yourself.
- Ionic is a mobile framework used with Angular JS
- AJAX is a group of technologies that enable web applications to send and retrieve data asynchronously without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.
- PHP is a widely used open source scripting language. It is used by WordPress.
- ExpressJS is a Node.js web application framework.
- CakePHP is a free, open-source, rapid development framework for PHP.
- Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web framework.
- Node JS uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model
- Composer is a tool for dependency management in PHP
Web Server Technologies
When a browser requests information, who or what answers the call? A web server. Web servers are computer programs that serve up requested web pages or files.
Apache is the most widely used web server.
cPanel is a popular web-based hosting control panel.
The database is where data is stored for your website or application.
- MySQL is a popular open-sourced SQL database. MySQL is used in WordPress websites.
- MongoDB is an open-sourced NoSQL database and is currently the only database supported by Meteor.
How do you connect your website to communicate with other programs such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation, human resources, accounting, and business intelligence software? You integrate it! Blayzer can work with existing APIs or develop a custom API for you that is solid, scalable, and secure.
- APIs are a set of functions and protocols used by developers to interact with third-party websites, web services, and applications.
- SOAP is a protocol that allows programs on disparate operating systems to communicate via web services.
- RESTful APIs use HTTP requests and follow REST principles to GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE data.
- JSON is a lightweight data-interchange format used to transmit data between a server and a web application.
- XML is a structured format commonly used in the exchange of data over the internet
- Zapier is an online tool that connects applications and automates processes. We can help you configure Zaps between your websites and favorite apps or build you own solution’s API into the Zapier’s “Zapbook” of supported apps.
This is NOT an all-encompassing list, and there is a lot of grey area/crossover between technologies. If you’re looking for help with a software or programming language you don’t see listed here, contact us and we’ll let you know if we can assist.