Search Engine Optimization.
Blayzer’s SEO experts help your business get found when your customers are searching.
Getting found via Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a long-term process that uses organic search placement to help increase the volume of traffic from search engines and improve the quality of traffic by targeting highly relevant keywords.
Search engine algorithms use hundreds of variables to determine which sites should rank for any particular keyword, and the algorithms are always evolving and changing as new technologies are developed. SEO best practices will help to influence these variables and achieve better rankings for your website.
SEO Process: How It Works
When we begin an SEO campaign for your site we will analyze its keywords as well as the keyword usage on sites which have already achieved top ranking on Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Through ongoing analysis of your key performance indicators and competitor’s tactics, we will implement strategies to improve your site’s search performance.
A typical SEO campaign can take between 3-6 months to start seeing consistent results. This timeline can vary based on the competitiveness of the industry, where your website was when we started, search engine algorithm updates, and other factors. Our SEO team will always keep you updated on the progress of your campaign and how we are helping you to reach your goals with monthly phone calls and reports.
Blayzer’s SEO Best Practices
Our SEO experts use a 6 step strategy when evaluating, managing, and measuring search engine optimization:
- Optimize content & hosting setup to increase load speed
- Implement HTTPS, SSL & secure hosting to keep your site & users safe
Content & Formatting
- Choose a unique topic to the site - your pages should not compete against one another
- Focus content on a single topic at a time
- Use at least 250 words per page (450 for informational and keyword focused content)
- Leverage formatting to increase consumption & shareability
- Keep paragraphs short and user friendly
- Use bullets and lists
- Create subheads (h2)
- Include supporting images and infographics - great for social sharing, too!
- Leave room for white space
- Perform keyword research to understand how users search for your brand (keywords, phrases, etc.) and then weight those keywords based on importance and relevance
- Use Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords (keywords related to a main keyword)
- Distribute keywords evenly throughout website content
- Optimize keyword density (Google recommends 1-2% keyword density)
- Link with intention
- Use internal links and outbound links (if available)
- Use keyword anchor text when possible
- Include strong calls-to-actions (CTAs)
- Follow your conversion funnels
- Image names (file name) with related textual content
- Reduce file sizes to help page load time
- Near / at / in related textual content
- Create alt and title tags
- Page title tags and meta descriptions
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Microdata/schema.org markup
Local Search SEO
Getting found through local search has become a critical piece to the overall SEO puzzle, and mobile searches continue to rise.
Today many of our devices use precise location services when we perform a search online, and major search engines understand searchers’ intent. Search engines provide users with the most relevant maps and listing for local businesses, typically from their own directory listings. Local Search Optimization helps make sure your business is found when people nearby you are searching.
Our first priority for local optimization will be to claim and optimize the Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Apple Maps directories. These core directories feed into many other top web directories, including CitySearch, Yelp, YellowPages, Foursquare, and more. In addition to just claiming and optimizing these listings, each listing has unique functionality such as posting content, responding to user questions and reviews, and more. We’ll help you manage it all.
Get Found in Search With SEO Services from Blayzer Digital Marketing in St. Louis MO
Make sure your website and business listings are fully optimized by contacting Blayzer today for your custom SEO strategy.