Understanding the web and adapting it to your business
Blayzer creates feature-rich ecommerce stores, content-managed websites, and custom digital applications that win hearts, minds, and high conversion rates. We are experts at understanding the modern web and adapting it to your business.
Our core web and marketing capabilities are:
- Content Management Software
- Catalog Solutions
- Ecommerce Application Development
- Web & Mobile Solution Strategies
- Responsive Design
- UI/UX Design
- Branding & Brand Development
- Competitive Research
- Web Application Development
- Information Architecture
- Digital Marketing Programs
- Mobile Web & Application Development
Open Source Web Development
It no longer takes millions to build features found in the best, most visited sites on the Web. The functionality of Home Depot, The Gap, or Neiman Marcus is within reach of medium-sized retailers. Your website can be feature-rich, while enjoying stability and flexibility unmatched by proprietary providers like Microsoft or IBM. Who uses Open Source Technology?
Blayzer builds the specific functionality you need for your business. We don’t do “template sites” or “boilerplate checkouts.” Whether your business uses complex business rules, has multiple user types, or ties into existing back-end software (accounting, CRM, ERP, etc.), we’ll create solution to meet your needs.
Our developers are true software craftsmen. We design and build solutions using the best suited tools and technologies for the problem you are trying to solve. Here is a rundown of some of the development technologies we have mastered.
Browsers are software applications used to access the internet. They are the interpreters of the web, requesting information from web servers and translating back to us in a people-friendly format. Everyone has a favorite browser – which one is yours? More importantly, which ones do your users prefer? Blayzer solutions are built to work in all four of the world’s top web browsers.
- Google Chrome is the popular browser brought to you by Google.
- Safari is Apple’s web browser.
- Firefox is the open-source browser supported by the Mozilla Foundation.
- Internet Explorer is Microsoft’s browser (and no one else’s).
Scripting, Programming & Markup Languages
Just like there are many languages used throughout our terrestrial world, there are many different languages that power our digital realm. Scripting and programming languages are what allow humans to communicate with computers and tell them what to do. Markup languages control how information is presented back to us as users. These are some of the languages our developers are fluent in:
- HTML is a markup language. It provides structure of a website so that web browsers know what to show.
- CSS is a Cascading Style Sheet. CSS lets web designers change colors, fonts, animations, and transitions on the web.
- LESS is a CSS pre-compiler to make working with CSS easier and add functionality.
- SASS is a CSS pre-compiler to make working with CSS easier and add functionality.
- Grunt is a task runner to automate repetitive tasks.
- Gulp is an alternative to Grunt.
- JQuery has libraries to enable a large amount of functionality without having to write it all by yourself.
- Ionic is a mobile framework.
- AJAX is a group of technologies that enable web applications to send and retrieve data asynchronously without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.
- PHP is a widely used open source scripting language. It is used by WordPress.
- ExpressJS is a Node.js web application framework.
- CakePHP is a free, open-source, rapid development framework for PHP.
- Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web framework.
Web Server Technologies
When a browser requests information, who or what answers the call? A web server. Web servers are computer programs that serve up requested web pages or files.
The database is where data is stored for your website or application.
- MySQL is a popular open-sourced SQL database. MySQL is used in WordPress websites.
- MongoDB is an open-sourced NoSQL database and is currently the only database supported by Meteor.
How do you connect your website to communicate with other programs such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation, human resources, accounting, and business intelligence software? You integrate it! Blayzer can work with existing APIs or develop a custom API for you that is solid, scalable, and secure.
- APIs are a set of functions and protocols used by developers to interact with third-party websites, web services, and applications.
- Data Exchange
- Zapier is an online tool that connects applications and automates processes. We can help you configure Zaps between your websites and favorite apps or build you own solution’s API into the Zapier’s “Zapbook” of supported apps.