Great Graphic Design Starts With Strong Branding
Making a good impression with design isn’t just about grabbing attention and influencing snap judgments. You also have to keep people interested and leave a lasting memory. Since today’s customer experiences often involve many interactions over many different channels, consistency is critical to building brand recognition. That consistency comes from strong branding.
What Is Branding? Are Brand and Branding the Same Thing?
Your brand is much more than your logo, color palette, or tagline. It is the perception of your business and its products or services through the eyes and experiences of your customers. Design and content assets are a big component of that, helping customers visually notice, recognize, and remember you. But they are not your brand. They are your branding.
The distinction between brand and branding is so critical because it is important for businesses to keep tabs on which forces can and cannot be controlled. Your brand is the perception that lives inside the hearts and minds of your audience. It cannot be controlled directly, only influenced.
Branding, on the other hand, is completely controllable. Essentially, branding is a problem solver. With the right strategy and execution of your branding, you can influence how you are perceived, and thereby strengthen your brand.
What Does Branding Design Cover?
Good graphic design can help create easy and enjoyable user experiences, communicate core ideas, and make lasting emotional connections with your customers. Your branding should always cover these main components:
- Names (companies, products, etc.)
- Logos (full color, grayscale & inverted versions)
- Color Palette
- Fonts & Typography
Some may also choose to include these optional additions:
- Photo standards
- Style and usage guidelines
A complete branding package should include or provide guidelines for creating the following digital and physical assets:
- Business Card Design
- Letterhead, Thank You Cards & Envelopes
- Product Packaging
- Sales & Marketing Collateral (brochures, flyers, kits)
- Event Displays & Signage
- Email Signatures, Headers & Templates
- Social Media Banners & Profile Pictures
- Web Design
Contact Blayzer to design your ideal branding package.
Getting the Right Branding Support for Your Business
Blayzer Digital Marketing Group in St. Louis, MO are experts at creating exceptional branding designs that support your brand strategy. Understanding what drives you and makes you special allows us to create distinctive branding that clearly communicates who you are. Our team will help you get to the bottom of questions like:
- What is your company’s personality? Is it consultative, quirky, local-first, high-tech, etc.?
- Who is your target audience? What do they think, feel, want, and need?
- Who are you competing with for your audience’s attention?
- What symbols might help people understand the purpose of your business?
- What colors will put users in the right mindset to want to work with/buy from you?
- What distinctive elements of your business or products can we incorporate to make your branding uniquely you?
If you do not know the answers to these questions, we recommend beginning with our Brand Strategy service for deeper exploration and data-driven decision making.